Friday, November 20, 2009

Confession of a Lesbian Hollywood Producer

Ilene Chaiken never ceases to amaze me. I've got to give her her props. She never stops trying to get her stuff put out there. Rumor has it that Chaiken is in talks to develop another television show.

Apparently she's giving the business end of the pen to CW by being on talks to produce the TV version of " Confessions of a Backup Dancer. While we all know Chaiken can mess up a wet dream, one has no choice but to wonder where she could take this kind of series.

There's no way I could confirm these reports, but it seems the news is spreading about on http://www.AfterEllen.com I always wish the best for Ilene, however it is her work that speaks for her. We may or may not have revived a couple of actresses, all while killing of annoying, but reliable characters. She mainstreamed a show that features a prodominately female cast, and for that respect will always be due.

While mainstreaming an all female cast, she also perpetrated most stereotypes that can be deemed applicable to the lesbian community, FYI Chaiken bitches do exist in lesbian circles.

I wish her the best if luck, but I know that I won't be running to catch another "confessional" drama. And while we're talking about confessionals, anybody know the status of that L Word reality show?

Thanks for tolerating,
Spaz

No comments: